The Harmful Organisms 2019 Organizing Committee cordially invites you to submit abstracts. All symposium abstracts must be submitted online via the "Online Submission System.“ Submitted abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Program Committee. The presentation type may possibly be changed following review by the Scientific Committee.
Abstract submission does not constitute registration for the symposium and presenters are required to register for the symposium separately. Please read the guidelines carefully before submitting your abstract.
- Deadline for Abstract Submission
- March 24, 2019
1. The physiological, biochemical, genetic and behavioral features of harmful alga
2. Current status and future research direction of drifting macro-algal blooms
3. Jellyfish blooms in the East Asian Seas
4. Entomological research on harmful organisms in agriculture and vector-borne disease
5. (41th Yonsei Tropical Medicine Symposium) Harmful organism of medical importance
6. Ecological, economic and human health impacts of invasive alien plants
7. Waste to Resources: Emergent Materials for Environmental Applications
8. Application of Integrated Mosquito Management (IMM) in South Korea and Southeast Asia
9. Environmental pollutions and associated microorganisms including harmful organisms
10. Others in Environmental Biology (A+B)
Steps for Abstract Submission
- STEP 1Click the
- STEP 2Sign up
- STEP 3Fill out
and Click “Add”
- STEP 4Complete
and Author Info
- STEP 5Save and
February 28, 2019
- All abstracts must be submitted online.
- Abstracts must be written in clear English and submitted prior to March 24, 2019
- Abstracts should be no more than 300 words.
- An abstract consists of a title, author name's and affiliation, the text of the submission and keyword
Complete this form in ENGLISH and save it as your “Abstract_Lastname.doc”. If you have question, please contact to e-mail by Prof Doo-Hyung Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org).
In general, the abstract have to submit on-line web site
The submission deadline is February 28, 2019.
Use bold letters. Do not use all capital letters. 12 point font size, bold, centered.
The author(s) names should be immediately below the title. Underline the
Order: First name, Last name. Separate co-authors full names with a comma. Put numbers after the last name of each author to designate their affliction.
1, Min Ji Lee1, Young Kyun Lim1, Chi-Yong Ahn2, Bum Soo Park3
Full mailing address(es) for all co-authors(s). E-mail address of one corresponding author. Order: Affiliation number Organisation Name, PO Box or Location number and Street Name, City Postcode, Country.
1South Sea Institute, Korea Institute of Ocean Science & Technology, Geoje 53201, S. Korea
2Cell Factory Research Center, Korea Research Institute of Bioscience & Biotechnology (KRIBB), 125 Gwahak-ro, Yuseong-gu, Daejeon 34141, South Korea
3Marine Science Institute, University of Texas at Austin, Port Aransas, TX 78373, USA
No more than 300 words.
Abstract text must be in Times New Roman font, 12pt size, single-spaced and justified.
Do not skip a line between paragraphs.
Use italic and capital letters where appropriate.
Use the template to format a single page in A4 document (21cm × 29.7cm) with the following margin settings: Top & Bottom 2.5cm. Left & Right 2.5cm.
- Authors may further edit and modify submitted abstracts until the submission deadline.
- It is the responsibility of the authors to ensure that their text does not contain typos or grammatical errors.
Authors have the option of choosing their presentation type (oral presentation or poster presentation). However, the scientific program committee will make the final decision after review.
The abstract should be objective and concise, including key information in its four section: Objectives, methods, results, conclusions.
The right to publish your abstract is granted to the Harmful Organisms 2019 Organizing Committee.
Presenting author must register for the congress through the website before February 28, 2019.
Notification of Acceptance
- All submitted abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee according to standard review procedures.
Notification of acceptance will be sent by e-mail to corresponding, presenting and abstract submitting authors by February 28, 2019.
Withdrawal of Abstracts
If the presenting author of an accepted abstract does not register by the registration date (February 28, 2019), the abstract will be automatically withdrawn from the final program.- If you would like to withdraw an abstract, please notify The Harmful Organisms 2019 Secretariat in writing as soon as possible.
Contact for Scientific Program of Harmful Organisms 2019